Now Available: AAMC MCAT Official Prep CARS Diagnostic Tool
AAMC MCAT Official Prep CARS Diagnostic Tool
The CARS Diagnostic tool is the first, section-specific diagnostic made available by the AAMC to help students identify and address their areas of strengths and weaknesses as they prepare for the Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS) section of the MCAT exam. The CARS Diagnostic Tool is available for $25 and includes the following features:
- Video walkthroughs of how to approach answering two example CARS passage sets
- 28 passage sets for you to practice with 169 total questions that have been created by the developers of the MCAT exam
- Enhanced score reports to help you identify strengths and weaknesses
- Explanations for all answer choices written by the same developers as the actual MCAT exam
- Enhancements to your question review that enable you to dive deep into the skills assessed in CARS
- Strategies to improve your critical analysis and reasoning skills
Additional FREE MCAT Resources
Available Now: FREE AAMC MCAT Official Prep Sample Test
The Sample Test is a free resource accessible in the MCAT Official Prep Hub. The Sample Test is a great way to identify your strengths and weaknesses as you begin your preparation for the MCAT exam. Review questions and answers in MCAT Foundational Concepts, Content Categories, and Skills to identify areas for further study. The Sample Test includes the following features:
- 230 questions with the same look and feel and the same length and functionality as the actual MCAT exam
- Solutions written by the same test developers as the actual MCAT exam
Coming Soon: Enhancement to the Layout of Practice Products in the MCAT Official Prep Hub
The layout of practice questions in AAMC MCAT Official Prep Question Packs, Section Bank, Online Flashcards, and Online Questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam will change. The passages will appear on the left with the questions to the right to reduce the amount of scrolling required and improve the practice experience. This enhancement will be announced in the MCAT Official Prep Hub.
Available Now: Enhanced FREE Online Version of the MCAT Study Plan Guide
Creating a study plan is a great way to organize your preparation, keep yourself focused, and track your progress. In 2019, AAMC launched an online updated version of the How to Create A Study Plan guide in beta and has made enhancements based on user feedback.
Available Now: Updated FREE Road Map to MCAT Content in Sociology and Psychology Textbooks
The AAMC reached out to more publishers of introductory psychology and sociology textbooks to expand the list of resources and include detailed information on where to find the concepts you will need for the Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior section of the MCAT exam. The Road Map also includes free/open access textbooks.
AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP) MCAT Prep Benefits
The new MCAT Official Prep CARS Diagnostic Tool will be added to the AAMC Fee Assistance Program MCAT Prep benefits. AAMC Fee Assistance Program awardees who have opted to receive their MCAT Official Prep products benefit in 2020 will be granted access to this product, in addition to all of the online AAMC MCAT Official Prep products. Please visit our website for more information and the full list of Fee Assistance Program benefits.